- 1 can sardines (packed in water, plain, such as Wild Planet brand)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 Tbsp diced white onions or green onions
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1 heaping Tbsp Greek yogurt (plain and full, low or non-fat- may leave out if avoiding dairy)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Tamari or soy sauce (optional but delicious)
- dash salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large bell pepper, any color
- OPTIONAL but great ingredients to add:
2 tsp nutritional yeast (more protein and delicious)
1 tsp curry powder, cilantro, parsley
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mashing avocado and sardines, as needed for your texture- liking.
Slice your bell pepper in half, removing the top stem and seeds. Place half on a plate and fill to the brim with your sardine-acado salad.
Eat, enjoy, and Omega it up!
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1⁄2 bell pepper stuffed with 1⁄2 sardine mixture
*Poly- and Mono-unsaturated fats were not provided on the nutrition label of sardines and therefore the nutrition analysis does not calculate that into the numbers above. However, please not that a 2 oz serving a sardines provides >1000mg of omega-3 fatty acids, which are poly-unsaturated fats and extremely heart healthy.
Modified from What Runs Lori