Warm Asparagus & Quinoa Salad
Published on April 27, 2018
- ½ cup dry quinoa- cooked according to package directions
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds or half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends broken off and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
In a large skillet sauté the leek and garlic in ½ tbsp. oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the asparagus to the skillet and sauté for another 5-10 minutes or until the asparagus is just tender but still crisp. Stir in the strawberries, peas, and parsley. Heat for an additional 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper, lemon zest).
Pour the dressing onto the skillet mixture and stir in the cooked quinoa.
Makes 13 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Adapted from ohsheglows.com