Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
3 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 tsp olive oil
1 (8oz) container mushrooms, sliced
1 red (or green) bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
8oz lean steak strips (such as Sirloin; remove visible fat)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
6 slices low-fat Provolone cheese, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray an 11×7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place pepper halves on baking dish and place in oven while it pre-heats. Once oven is pre-heated, remove peppers and set aside.
3. While peppers are baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, diced bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion and peppers have softened.
4. Add the thinly sliced flank steak to the skillet. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Flank steak should still be slightly pink in the middle or at an internal temperature of 120º F for medium-rare, 130º F for medium.
5. Line the inside of each pre-cooked pepper half with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ½ cup of the flank steak mixture to each bell pepper half.
7. Top each pepper with the remaining ½ slice of provolone cheese.
8. Bake the peppers for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper half
Saturated Fat 3.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g
Recipes via: http://womanista.com/wellness/2016/02/05/recipe-philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers/#_a5y_p=750051