Cajun Stuffed Chicken
- 4, 3oz chicken breast, raw
- 1 cup, yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp AND 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350º. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and cook until soften. Season with ½ tsp pepper and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Place chicken on a cutting board and season with 2 tsp Cajun seasoning; Cut 5 slits in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Stuff each chicken breast with sautéed pepper and onion mixture and then top with shredded cheese. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken breasts in dish.
Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 25 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 2.5-3oz cooked chicken
Modified from Delish.com