Sheet Pan Eggplant
2 medium eggplants, washed and sliced into ¼-½ inch rounds
Cooking Spray (such as Pam)
Salt and pepper
1 cup Low sugar tomato sauce (Such as Rao’s)
Fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cups low-fat Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Turn oven to high broil.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with a thin layer of cooking spray.
3. Place eggplant slices in a single layer on baking sheet and spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
5. Broil eggplant slices until the tops are golden brown (about 8-10 minutes), then flip and cook an additional 5-8 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Remove from the oven.
6. Top each slice with 1tbsp tomato sauce and 2 tbsp (⅛ cup) cheese.
7. Place eggplant slices back under the broiler until the cheese is melted (keeping a close eye not to burn them). Remove, and top with chopped fresh basil.
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 2 slices
Saturated Fat 3.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g
Recipes via: http://www.bariatriceating.com/2016/07/sheet-pan-meal-eggplant-pizza-rounds/