Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast tenders, sliced in half
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of 2 limes (about 4 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine onion, bell peppers, chicken tenders, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices. Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread chicken, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet. Cook for about 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 1-2 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t start to burn. Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
Tip: Serve mixture on small corn tortillas if desired. In the last five minutes of cooking, not while the broiler is on, let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Modified from www.number-2-pencil.com