Creole Style Green Beans
- 1 package 16 ounces frozen cut green beans (use fresh if you have them)
- 5 pieces of bacon cooked, diced (optional)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until it is crisp. Remove bacon. Pour out the grease in the skillet. Stir in chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until clear. Stir in minced garlic and Cajun seasoning, stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and pepper until blended. Stir in diced tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drain green beans and add to skillet. Stir in bacon until evenly distributed.
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
|Sugar||2.5g (not from added sugar)|
Modified from FlavorMosaic.com