Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 celery stalks, chopped ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 10 cloves garlic, minced 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (~lb raw)
- 8 cups unsalted vegetable broth 2 cups baby kale leaves
In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery, and carrots, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
Stir in the vegetable stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt, and chickpeas. Bring to a boil. Once boiling stir in the shredded chicken, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 13 servings
Modified from eatyourselfskinny.com