Spiced Pumpkin Custard
Published on June 22, 2013
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
- 3 large eggs
- 1-15oz can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1-12oz can evaporated low fat milk (no sweetened condensed milk)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray 8-1/2 cup ramekins or custard cups with canola oil spray and lace in a large roasting pan.
- Mix the Splenda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Blend in the pumpkin and the spice mixture. Gradually blend in the evaporated milk.
- Ladle the filling into the prepared ramekins. Pour very hot water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted near the center of the custard comes out clean. Carefully remove the ramekins from the hot water.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Information (8 – 4 oz servings)