Medical Weight Loss
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TO SERVE RALEIGH, NC
Have you been struggling with your weight for years? The medical weight loss program at UNC REX Bariatric Specialists is ready to help you to achieve sustained weight loss through patient-centered comprehensive care. Our focus is to use evidence-based individualized treatment approaches to improve each patients’ well-being, quality of life, and help them to achieve weight loss in the process.
Medical weight loss is perfect for patients who have a BMI above 30. Patients who are overweight due to health conditions are candidates for medical weight loss. Patients who cannot effectively lose weight independently are excellent candidates.
Medical weight loss is a great option for patients who are not satisfied with the results they have achieved from diet and exercise alone. The best candidates are willing to commit to healthy lifestyle changes to achieve weight-loss results.
During your visit, we will discuss your weight-loss goals and previous attempts to lose weight. Tell us about your diet, exercise regimen, current medications, and any supplements being taken. Your medical records will be evaluated, and we will conduct a physical exam.
Depending on our evaluation, we will recommend the best option for achieving your weight-loss goals. We will be happy to answer questions and address any concerns.
Approach to Care:
- On-going care with a board-certified obesity medicine specialist that will do a comprehensive medical evaluation to identify causes of excess weight including biology, medicines, environment, and behavior. Additionally, there will be individualized nutritional, behavioral, physical activity planning, and medication management to optimize health and weight loss.
- Meet with a registered dietitian for a comprehensive nutritional assessment, dietary counseling and meal planning.
- Behavioral health counseling if needed by our clinical psychologist.
Medical weight loss is a continuous treatment process to achieve significant and lasting results. The patient will be monitored closely, and the ways in which the patient’s body responds to the treatment plan will dictate any plan changes.
COST OF MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS
The cost of medical weight loss will depend on the treatment plan. The price of prescriptions, services, and facilities can impact the overall cost of the treatment.
- Angela Lipscomb-Hudson, MD, who is board certified in Obesity Medicine
- Clinton S. Bolton III, PhD, LPC, LPC-S, NCSS Clinical Psychologist
For Appointments, call 919-784-4160 or 919-784-7874; Fax 919-784-2801
Clinic Location at 4207 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh, NC 27607