Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 pounds broccoli (about 1 large head)
- 1/4 pound red onion (1/2 small onion), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup almonds, slivered or roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, soak raisin in ½ cup warm water. Allow to soak 5 minutes. Once the raisins have softened, pour off the water and lightly squeeze the raisins to remove excess water; set aside.
Shred the broccoli in a food processor using the grater disk (the attachment with the holes, not the blade). In a large bowl, combine the shredded broccoli, raisins, red onion, and almonds.
Whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and a generous quantity of fresh pepper. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir to combine. Taste and add more pepper, if needed. Allow to sit for 30 minutes (or an hour in the fridge) so the flavors can mingle.
- Quicker slaw: If you want to skip the food processor, substitute ~6 cups of pre-shredded broccoli slaw mix for the whole broccoli heads.
- Reader tip: You can try substituting dried cranberries or currants for the raisins.
Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Modified from thekitchn.com