Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 lbs flank steak, excess fat removed, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium celery stalks, sliced diagonally in thick pieces
- 12 medium carrots, sliced diagonally in thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons small pearl tapioca
- 1/2 cup no sodium tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Place ingredients into the Instant Pot. Give ingredients a quick stir to evenly distribute them in the pot, and to make sure that the tapioca, salt, and sugar are incorporated well. Select the stew/meat and high pressure settings. Set time for about 35 minutes. After the time is up, allow 10 minutes before releasing the steam from the pot.
Modification: If you don’t have an Instant Pot, use the oven instead! Preheat oven to 320°F. Place all ingredients into a baking dish, and stir to distribute ingredients evenly in the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 3-4 hours. If the gravy dries out, add a little water to the gravy to loosen it up before serving.
Serving Size: 1/12 of the recipe
Makes 12 servings (about 1/2 cup per serving)
Modified from Pinch of Yum