Skinny Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp smart balance butter spread
- 1 cup skim milk 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp freeze dried chives (Fresh works too!)
- 6 wedges Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese wedges, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
In a medium saucepan, melt butter spread over low-medium head. Add fresh garlic and chopped onion and cook until soft. Add milk and stir mixture well.
Next, add laughing cow cheese wedges, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Stir well.
Let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, and use fork or back of spoon to break up cheese pieces while cooking.
Mix 1 tsp corn starch with 1 Tbsp water and mix well to make slurry. Add cornstarch slurry to sauce and stir well. Bring sauce to a boil, then turn down and simmer for an additional five minutes. Stir in chives.
Serve over vegetables or grilled chicken breasts.
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Makes 4 servings
Modified from thebestblogrecipes.com