Healthier Version: P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground chicken (98% fat free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks. Then, drain off excess fat.
Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: ~1/3 cup + 2-3 lettuce cups
Modified from www.damndelicious.net