Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Published on September 27, 2013
12 – 3 oz servings
- 4 oz of quinoa – Cooked as per instructions on the box (typical ratio of ½ cup quinoa to 1 cup water)
- Rinse uncooked quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain, and transfer to a medium pot. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed (~15 – 20 minutes). Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- ¾ cup Tomatoes – small dice
- 1/3 cup Carrots – small dice
- ¾ cup Red Bell Peppers – small dice
- ¼ cup Green Bell Peppers – small dice
- ½ cup Cucumbers – peeled, small dice
- 1/3 cup Onions – small dice
- 3 TB Cilantro – chopped
- 1 TB Fresh Mint Leaves – chopped
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 3TB Fresh Parsley – chopped
- After quinoa is cooked in water, cool it down immediately under cold water, or refrigerator to stop it from cooking.
- In a large bowl add quinoa to remaining ingredients, and toss well to incorporate all ingredients.
(1/12th recipe (3 oz))