Roast Beef Summer Rolls
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1.5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp thai green curry paste
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4c chopped fresh mint
- 1/3c olive oil mayonnaise
- 4c fresh coleslaw mix (or finely shredded cabbage)
- 1/2lb rare thin deli roast beef, cut into ½ in strips
- 18 9-inch rice paper wrappers
In a small bowl, mash the garlic to a paste with the Splenda® brown sugar and green curry paste. Add the lime juice, soy sauce, and 3 tbsp of water. Stir in half the cilantro and mint.
In another small bowl, whisk the mayo with 1 tbsp of the green curry dipping sauce.
In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the roast beef and the remaining cilantro and mint.
Fill a pie plate with warm water. Dip 2 or 3 rice paper wrappers at a time in the water, then set them on a work surface to soften, about 1 minute.
Spread a scant tsp of the curry mayo on the bottom third of each wrapper and top with 1/4c roast beef filling. Roll the wrappers into tight cylinders, tucking in the sides as you go. Finish until your filling is completely used (about 18 rolls total)
To serve, cut each roll in half and serve with the garlic green curry dipping sauce.
Serving Size: 1 summer roll with sauce
Makes 18 servings
Modified from www.foodandwine.com