Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad with Apples & Walnuts
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small apple (~1/2 cup finely diced)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- ¾ cup plain, 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Salt and pepper the chicken and pan fry in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 165’F).
Shred or chop the chicken and combine with diced apple, celery, onion and chopped walnuts in a medium sized bowl. Next, stir in Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Store in an air-tight sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Makes 7 servings
Serving Size: 1/3 cup chicken salad mixture
You can modify this recipe in many ways. In place of apples and toasted walnuts, consider using:
- 1 1/4c grapes (halved or quartered) & ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries & ¼ cup Emerald Smokehouse almonds, chopped