Green Chili Egg Puff with Mushrooms
- 8oz whole cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 10 large eggs, cracked
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 8oz (2 cups) shredded 2% Mexican cheese blend
- 1- 4oz can diced green chiles
- Optional: 1 tsp fennel, toasted in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes; adds a taste similar to sausage
Preheat oven to 350’F.
In a non-stick sauté pan, place chopped mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses, sautéed mushrooms, and diced green chilies (as well as optional fennel seeds, if desired).
Pour into 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings
Serving Size: 1/10th casserole
Modified from Taste of Home