Healthier Version: P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground chicken (98% fat free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; Then, drain off excess fat.
Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: ~1/3 cup + 2-3 lettuce cups
Modified from www.damndelicious.net