Banana Quinoa Breakfast Casserole
- 1 cup rolled oats 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed 4 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
- ¼ cup chia seeds 2 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp. baking powder 2 Tbsp agave or honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Spray or grease a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix 4 Tbsp ground peanut butter with 2 Tbsp water to make peanut butter.
In a large bowl combine rolled oats, quinoa, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Add in mashed bananas, ground flaxseed, mixed peanut butter, and agave. Stir until well-combined.
Let batter site for 10 minutes to let flax absorb some liquid.
Add batter to baking dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are crisp and center is cooked through.
Let sit for 20 minutes before cutting into 12 squares and allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for longer.
Makes ~12 servings
Serving Size: 1/12 of 9×9 baking dish
|Saturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
Modified from TheHealthyMaven.com