Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp (fresh or frozen/thawed)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- Optional: ½-1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, to garnish
If using raw shrimp, fill ½ medium pot with water and bring to a boil on the stovetop. When water comes to a boil add shrimp carefully. Cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Drain shrimp & rinse with cold water to cool. Once shrimp are cool, remove tails and chop into bite-size pieces.
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let these marinate for at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, and jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Enjoy in lettuce wraps or over a green salad.
Time saving tip: Using frozen/ precooked shrimp can save you some time. Just be aware of the sodium content of frozen shrimp as these can vary greatly. Look for shrimp with
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: ~1/2 cup