Spiced Chickpea Wrap
- 1/3c canned no-salt-added chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tsp tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 Mini Joseph’s Pita or flat out wrap, cut in half*
In a small bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Mix in tahini, lemon juice, garlic, pepper flakes, cumin, and pepper.
In another small bowl, combine yogurt, milk, parsley, and mint.
Assemble pita by first spreading chickpea mixture in an even layer. Next, layer on egg slices and baby spinach. Top with an even layer of yogurt sauce.
Serving Size: ½ recipe (*does not include pita/wrap)
Makes 2 servings
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Modified from www.flatoutbread.com