Protein Packed Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 eggs, cracked
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 12 oz unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Truvia baking blend w/ sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder, such as Unjury (28 grams each by weight)
- Optional: 10 grams freeze dried fruit such as mangos, strawberries, or blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease with non-stick spray.
In a bowl combine eggs, canola oil, molasses, applesauce, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine salt, Truvia, cinnamon, oats, baking powder, and protein powder.
Mix both wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in freeze dried fruit. Divide batter evenly among muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze in a zip top storage bag. Take one out in the morning and microwave it for 20-30 seconds.
Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
(with freeze dried fruit)
Modified from www.thehealthymaven.com and www.thewholesomedish.com