Fiesta White Bean & Chicken Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2# chicken- 4 large, cooked, boneless chicken breast half, chopped
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans no sodium added chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chili peppers)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, undrained
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.
Add the chicken, chicken broth, green chili peppers, Rotel, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and add the beans. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly. Pour into individual bowls and top with the cheese.
Makes 10 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Modified from Bush’s Beans, Dashing Dish, and Cooking Light (Oct 2004)