- 1 cup non-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large hothouse or english cucumber (or 1 medium garden cucumber)
- 1/4 tsp (Kosher) Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon Juice 1 Garlic Cloves, Finely Minced
- 1 tsp Minced Fresh Dill Weed (no stalks)
- 1 tsp Minced Fresh Mint Leaves
Peel cucumber(s). Cut in half lengthwise. If not English/hothouse, use a small spoon to scrape out and discard seeds. Chop finely.
Put yogurt in a large bowl. Add it to a small bowl and whisk in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill & mint, 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt, and pepper. Mix together well. Mix well.
This can be served immediately; however, it is traditionally served after having chilled well and allowing a few hours for the flavors to blend. Dip in or stuff veggies or top chicken or other proteins. Be creative and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Modified from Nancy’s Easy Tzatziki (Sparkpeople.com)