Loaded Mashed “Potato” Bake
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup 2% (or 1%) cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped scallion or green onion
- 1⁄2 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
Steam cauliflower until very tender.
Preheat oven to 375°. Mash steamed cauliflower until smooth. Mix in egg whites, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, half of bacon (2 slices), green onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into baking dish that has been sprayed with oil. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese has melted.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Modified from DashingDish.com