Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce (or Tamari for GF)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp toasted seseme seed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus (ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice fresh black pepper, to taste
Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and peppers and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/3 – ½ cup
Modified from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/03/chicken-and-asparagus-lemon-stir-fry.html