Mental Health Post – June 2020
For many of us, 2020 has brought a level of uncertainty we have never experienced. During this time, anxiety levels can begin to increase due to the fear of the unknown. If you are experiencing any heightened levels of anxiety, try the following tips:
1. Develop a daily routine that allows structure to your day. Schedule your meals, breaks, wake-up times, and bed times so that your body stays in rhythm.
2. Take breaks and engage in self-care activities such as reading, writing, drawing, etc.
3. Limit intake of media and news outlets. Set aside a limited amount of time for news and then stick to that time.
4. Engage in exercise and outdoor activities when possible. Moving around and getting sunshine increases your overall sense of wellness.
5. Reach out for support when needed. We are all experiencing this pandemic and we all need support.
6. Schedule daily activities that are fun so that it brings joy into your day.